Senior VMware Engineer
As our Senior VMware Engineer, you will ensure that IT infrastructure components have optimal system architecture and sufficient process capacity. In addition, you’ll ensure deployment takes place, timing, cost and performance into account. By leveraging your existing expertise, you’ll be in a position to operate, maintain and improve the key IT infrastructure at every touchpoint.
You will be responsible for:
- Supporting, planning, forecasting, requesting and monitoring the acquisition and implementation of IT infrastructure, respecting technical and business requirements;
- Analyzing and monitoring the status of different IT infrastructure components during their life cycle;
- Being the first point of contact for internal customers and vendors in the context of system provisioning;
- Contributing to the definition of the system architecture and of the implementation plan;
- Examining technology industry and market trends, while determining their potential impact.
To be considered for this role, you’ll need:
- A University degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, or equivalent;
- Strong experience with VMware;
- Extensive experience in Infrastructure Planning, Capacity Planning and Project Management;
- A good understanding of modern Operating Systems, all IT Infrastructure elements and concepts and lean concepts;
- Experience with Capacity Planning Tools;
- Experience with Increasing productivity with server consolidation and capacity optimization;
- Experience with Reducing complexity through IT standardization and hardware containment;
- Ability to improve predictability with capacity utilization trends and virtualization benchmarks;
- Ability to plan for the future with Customized assessments and Estimates.
Could you maintain the platforms that power the future of travel?