Service Reliability Engineer: Support
As our Service Reliability Engineer: Support, you’ll drive the operation further by championing platform stability and zero customer downtime. Working with a wider team of ambitious developers, you’ll find solutions for application issues and overcome complications to deliver improved time to market. At the core of your day-to-day will be our customers, and you’ll make informed recommendations that support our drive for continuous improvement.
You will be responsible for:
- Monitoring and building alerts to enable auto-recovery;
- Building automation to replace processes, enabling better time to market for service developers;
- Driving the enforcement and definition of operational requirements – ensuring that processes are adhered to;
- Ensure process re-engineering and optimization occurs.
To be considered for this role, you’ll need:
- An Engineering degree (or equivalent) in Computer Science or related technical field;
- Fluency in written and spoken English;
- An understanding of Software Engineering methodologies and development cycles (Open Source development), including Version Control system (GIT and SubVersion) and Continuous Integration and testing methods (Jenkins);
- Good networking knowledge, including communication protocols, load balancing techniques, traffic routing, and caching for distributed applications;
- An understanding of monitoring tools and concepts (Kibana, ElasticSearch);
- Knowledge of Linux operating system administration (RHEL or SLES), relational DB (Oracle, MySQl, MariaDB) and noSQL technology (Cassandra, S3, HBase, Hadoop, MongoDB, CouchBase).
Could you maintain the systems that shape the future of travel?