Software Development Engineer
As a Software Development Engineer within Technology Platforms & Engineering (TPE) you will be performance and delivery focused, you’ll greet every opportunity to problem solve with enthusiasm and a desire to go one better each time. Through direct exposure to our mission critical systems, you’ll become a user expert, knowing how our offering can be modified to ensure greater customer satisfaction, and crucially, greater application.
You will be responsible for:
- Designing and implementing technical architecture for user interface, server-side functionalities and re-usability;
- Coordinating and leading end-to-end software development activity;
- Analyzing user requirements for development of new or improved operational solutions;
- Create the products that solve complex customer and consumer problems;
- Coordinating the validation and acceptance phase of the product cycle.
To be considered for this role, you’ll need:
- A University degree in Computer Science, or a related field (or equivalent experience);
- Fluency in written and spoken English;
- An in-depth understanding of Cloud based technologies;
- Good working knowledge of scripting languages, including Python, Ruby, Perl, PHP (or equivalent);
- Demonstrable commercial experience in Object Oriented Languages like C++, Java, Pega or Scala;
- Good networking knowledge, including communication protocols, load balancing techniques, traffic routing, and caching for distributed applications.
Could you build the platform that shapes the future of travel?